Are you ready for change? Health Trainers are here to motivate and support you to make positive steps towards a healthier lifestyle.
If you want to lose weight but don’t know where to start or worry about your willpower, free support from a Health Trainer could be for you.
A Health Trainer will meet with you up to six times over a six month period on a one to one basis and can offer you:
- Time to listen
- Support and encouragement
- The chance for you to choose your own achievable health goals
- Regular meetings, in your local community, to review your progress
- Motivation when change seems difficult
- Appropriate signposting to other local agencies and specialist services
- Introductions to groups or activities you would like to be involved in (your Health Trainer may even accompany you for the first time)
- Fitness equipment to borrow for use in the comfort of your own home (small refundable deposit required, Great Yarmouth and Waveney area only)
To start things off, your Health Trainer will run through a Health Behaviour Check with you, highlighting how your lifestyle could be impacting your long-term health. Once you’ve decided on the areas you’d like to change, your Health Trainer will work with you to develop a Personal Health Plan tailored just for you to help you meet your goals.
As well as supporting you to become more active and make healthier food choices, Health Trainers can also support you to become smoke free, improve your sexual health, reduce your alcohol use and generally enhance your health and wellbeing.